There are a lot of benefits associated with using propane appliances and propane fuel in your home. Propane is a highly concentrated energy source, making it very portable and easy to transport, deliver and use. Here is a list of some of the benefits you will enjoy using propane in your home:
- Portability – Propane can be transported in a portable container which can be easily carried or delivered to a larger storage tank. 4.1 gallons of fuel can be stored in a 20-pound container.
- Environmentally-Friendly – Propane is non-toxic and does not contribute to acid rain due to its very low sulfur content. Compared to other types of fuel, propane creates lower greenhouse gas emissions.
- Durability – Appliances, and equipment that utilizes propane fuel are much more durable than electric appliances and equipment.
- Speed – Water heaters that use propane energy can heat water twice as fast as electric energy water heaters and still produce 60% less greenhouse gas emissions.
- Clean – In addition to being environmentally-friendly, propane has been listed in both the Clean Air Act of 1990 and the National Energy Policy Act of 1992 and 2005 as an approved alternative fuel.
- Cost-Efficient – You may qualify for federal tax credits when you install an efficient propane tankless water heater or other propane appliance.
- Safe – Propane is released as a gas and is insoluble in water, so it won’t spill, pool or leave any residue behind. Because of this, propane is not dangerous or harmful to water or soil.