How Does An Air Conditioner Tune-Up Save Me Money?
Homeowners rely on their air conditioning units when the outdoor temperature begins to increase. After all, this system helps lower the temperature in your home while eliminating humidity during the summer months. An air conditioner that works properly will give you the comfort you need when it is sweltering outside. Avoid potentially expensive repair and high energy costs by ensuring your air conditioner is in excellent working condition. Scheduling an air conditioner tune-up is the best way to achieve this.
How Does An Air Conditioner Tune-up Save Me Money?
- 1 How Does An Air Conditioner Tune-up Save Me Money?
- 2 Common AC Problems That Regular Air Conditioner Maintenance Addresses
- 3 Call Columbus Energies For All Of Your HVAC Requirements
Here are several ways air conditioner maintenance can save you money:
Lowers Your Power Bills
The US Department of Energy (DOE) estimates that half of the energy a typical American household uses goes to heating and cooling. Cooling and heating costs cannot be totally eliminated, but you can do what you can to ensure the expenses are as manageable as possible.
A well-maintained air conditioner provides you with value for your money. HVAC airflow becomes severely limited when there are clogged filters, dried-up lubrication, weak belts, dirty coils, and warped evaporator fins. These obstructions can cause clean and cool air to barely flow, so they can’t ventilate your home. The US DOE also states that you can reduce your energy use by as much as 15% when you replace your air conditioner’s clogged filter.
Repairing or Replacing Your Air Conditioner Is Costlier Than Maintenance
Like vehicles, ignoring even the slightest issues in your air conditioner usually escalates into more significant problems. An air conditioner that receives annual tune-ups can operate for up to 15 years or longer. Seasonal air conditioner maintenance costs are usually under $200. The price depends on the unit itself, what components need replacing, how long since its last maintenance, etc. On the other hand, installing a new air conditioner can cost $3,000 or more. The cost of air conditioner repair can be less than a replacement but much more than a maintenance service. It is obvious which option will save you money.
Neglecting To Get An Air Conditioner Maintenance Can Void Your Warranty
The manufacturer of your air conditioner can deny your warranty claim for neglect and improper maintenance. Your air conditioner may come with a warranty, but a warranty is not guaranteed if it breaks down because of negligence. This means the warranty may not cover the repair costs, so you may have to spend thousands of dollars repairing or replacing it. Ensure this doesn’t happen by keeping the receipts that prove your unit is tuned-up annually.
Maintain Healthy Air Quality
Poor air quality in your home shouldn’t be ignored because it is a problem that can be expensive to remedy. The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) states that airborne contaminants may cause mold to grow and trigger respiratory ailments like asthma. Apart from health problems, mold can damage your home. It is also quite expensive to clear as it can cost a few thousand dollars on average to get mold removed. Air conditioner tune-up includes replacing clogged air filters, which is crucial in improving indoor air quality. After a system evaluation, the technician may also recommend installing an air cleaner, a whole-home dehumidifier, a ventilator, and other ways of improving your air quality.
Cooling Energy-Saving Tips
Technicians conducting yearly maintenance services on your system may make specific observations. As a result, they may recommend little money-saving tips, like getting your ducts cleaned or sealed or suggesting the ideal air filters for your system. Maintaining a robust relationship with the company maintaining your air conditioner is always wise as this can help lower your energy bills throughout the year.
Common AC Problems That Regular Air Conditioner Maintenance Addresses
According to the US Department of Energy, dirt and neglect are the primary reasons for air conditioner inefficiency and failure. Listed below are five of the common air conditioner issues that regular maintenance can resolve:
- Refrigerant Leak Or Improper Refrigerant Charge: An undercharged refrigerant, even by only 20%, can double your cooling expenses.
- Electric Control Failure: Preventing electric control failure includes keeping the fan controls and compressor in good shape. The likelihood of electrical failure also increases if there are corroded wires and terminals, loose electrical connections, and dirty contacts.
- Dirty HVAC Filter: Dirty filters stop air from flowing properly, causing your air conditioner to overcompensate to keep your home cool. A dirty filter also means that dirt builds up on essential components. This results in an increased risk of premature system failure and reduced efficiency.
- Clogged Condensation Drain: Your air conditioner removes the humidity from your home. The condensation is then channeled out via a drain connected to your unit. A clog in the condensation drain can cause the water to seep out and damage your walls and floors. Drain build-ups can also cause the system to shut down.
- Dirty Coils: Grime and dust accumulation on the coils lowers your air conditioner’s cooling powers. It also forces it to work harder to keep your home cool. This only hastens wear and tear and spikes up your energy bills.
An air conditioner tune-up is an excellent investment that offers great returns. Schedule a system tune-up today if it hasn’t had one in a while. This way, your system lasts longer, cools your home better, and ultimately saves you money.
Call Columbus Energies For All Of Your HVAC Requirements
Call Columbus Energies when you need superior heating and cooling services in Southeastern Massachusetts and the Rhode Island region. We employ the best professionally certified HVAC contractors who can perform exceptional HVAC services, including air conditioning maintenance, boiler replacement, mini-split installations, and more. All our techs have the experience and knowledge to service your HVAC system correctly.
Our company offers the most affordable cooling and heating service costs in the area. Our tune-up services help your home achieve better comfort and energy efficiency and reduced cooling bills. If you need to get your cooling system repaired or replaced, we can suggest the most fitting solutions for your home and budget. Your satisfaction is important to us, so all our work is guaranteed. Schedule an A/C tune-up or a service appointment with Columbus Energies call today. Call now and receive a free, in-home estimate.